Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Chase Leavitt Travelling Fellowship

In Spring 2006 I was fortunate enough to have received The Chase Leavitt Travelling Fellowship from the USC Architectural Guild. Since I missed out on studying abroad for a semester, I decided to apply for this fellowship where I would create my own study abroad program.

A brief background on the fellowship; when applying the student is charged with presenting a particular subject or area in the architectural field that they would like to further pursue and study on their own. The student then has to answer the usual who, what, where, why, how questions on their particular study subject and proposed trip.

After 1 round of cuts and a presentation to the USC Architectural Guild I was able to secure my award, which needless to say was very exciting!

The time of my fellowship departure is ever so near, and many people have been asking me how come I am travelling now as oppose to last year. Well the main reason for post-poning the trip an entire year was timing. I wanted to visit my cities of study during a particular time of the year, Spring/Early Summer being the case here. And with graduation coming up, and the pressures of looking for a permanent job, I just felt that I could better plan and focus on this fellowship by delaying it a year.

The time is finally here, as my friend Pat would say "Here we gooo!"

No comments: