Monday, June 18, 2007

Aboard the Holo Kai

Chase Leavitt, the man responsible for my fellowship happened to be in Sicily at the same time I was there aboard his brand new boat, the Holo Kai, which means Traveller by Sea. Also, Diana, a friend of mine who was studing in Lake Como the whole semester (refer back to my visit of Lake Como to see the beauty of that place) met up with me in Sicily for a short stay.

Mr. Leavitt was king enough to invite us both aboard the Holo Kai for the day (and night) and spend some time with him and his friends that had been travelling down from Italy for the past two weeks.

His crew aboard the Holo Kai prepared an amazing four-course meal for all us (probably the best meal I have had this whole trip) and we spent an amazing evening sharing travel stories and just relaxing over some beers, dinner and wine!




Crew member Charlotte setting up the table for dinner, she was very meticulous in the placement of everything, hehe.




Lots of wine, food and good times.



Steve talking about his tee time that he had to get back to LA for in a couple of days.



We all went to a karaoke bar after dinner, Diana sang to No Doubt.



Chase's Navy. (From left to right: Jim, Chase, Paul, Steve, wheres Tom?)




Chase instructing the crew to bring out more wine.



Lots of clams on that plate.



Diana and I.



There's Tom, he a bit too much wine I think.



The probably where the swordfish came from last night, mmm it was tasty.



The Holo Kai.



The Holo Kai, and Mt Etna in the background.



The crew of the Holo Kai and I.



Chase and I at the helm.

No comments: