Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Eternal City

Ok, so Rome wasn't part of the itinerary, but I couldn't just go from Naples to Genoa without stopping in the eternal city for a quick see. I don't think I have ever done so much walking in such a short period of time, but it was well worth it. I can't wait to come back here one day and take my time with the city!



The Roman Forum.



The seven hills of Rome, or some of them at least.




The Coliseum and Arch of Constantine.



Everyone stood in the rain to hear the Pope give mass, my Italy travel guide book got soaked!




The Coliseum at night!



The oculus of the Pantheon.



More of the Pantheon.


The Trevi Fountain, I definitely threw a coin in over my shoulder, hopefully it will work.



The Spanish Steps.



St. Peter's Basilica, simply an amazing church!

No comments: